Topic: Recommendation 1 in 2011 to focus objectives, outcomes, and indicators on resource and capacity decisions
Challenge/Opportunity: Although the 2008-13 strategic plan had many metrics, they needed to be more clearly prioritized to guide the institution’s focus.
- The number of performance indicators was reduced from 86 to 40 and assigned to one of the following categories of Mission-Essential Indicators, Regents’ Key (Aspirational) Indicators, State Performance Indicators, and Mission-Specific Indicators that differentiate WSU from other institutions in the state.
- A refreshed strategic plan for 2014-19 includes an implementation plan and an implementation committee to ensure that initiatives are developed and executed to realize the plan’s goals.
- The refreshed plan includes 57 metrics tightly mapped to specific sub-goals.
Current/Future Emphasis or Next Steps:
- An internal budget reallocation in FY 2016 generated a pool of funds for targeted investments in research and student success, to devote resources and capacity toward mission-central goals.
- The Drive to 25 presents key metrics and action teams for aspirational focus.
NWCCU Standards Reference: Standard 1.B.2