Topic: How is the accreditation evaluation committee chosen?
Challenge/opportunity: NWCCU appoints a site-visit evaluation committee for the seven-year evaluation that includes administrative and academic personnel. WSU is invited to make recommendations for schools considered to be peers; NWCCU selects the committee based on availability and expertise for committee roles.
- NWCCU invited WSU to make nominations of institutions that WSU considers to be peers.
- Committee members usually come from within the NWCCU service area and will have participated in training specific to NWCCU’s standards.
- Committee membership usually includes a chair, a finance specialist, a library and learning resources specialist, a student affairs specialist, and several academic affairs specialists.
- Committee members are announced approximately two months prior to the site visit.
Current/future emphasis or next steps:
- After the committee is announced, the chair works with WSU to arrange for meetings the committee members have requested.
- The committee can request additional meetings while on site.
For more information at WSU: WSU Accreditation website
NWCCU Standards reference: Not applicable; but information about NWCCU review committees is available via the NWCCU website.