Topic: Recommendation 1 from 2009 specified the need for WSU to provide a contemporary enterprise management system.
It is important for the University to provide contemporary enterprise information management systems that will address the needs of the future for its student, academic, and management support requirements.
- A newly implemented student information system, launched in fall 2012, provides a powerful and convenient tool for members of the campus community to communicate with one another.
- The portal provides a gateway to a variety of electronic resources and services, including the learning management system, course evaluation system, payroll and campus news and information, among others.
Current/Future Emphasis or Next Steps:
- As the portal expands and evolves over time, it will become an electronic, one-stop shop for the majority of University systems and services.
- The 2014-19 Strategic Plan Theme 4 directs that that University will further improve functionality of information technology systems for administrative processes, student services, and research.
- A modernization initiative under way will update the University’s finance, payroll, and human resources systems.
For More Information:
NWCCU Standards Reference: Standards in place in 2009. Standard 2.G.5-8.